Do you feel in control of your life?
Or are you like many of us blown this way and that by trying to please others?
Have you been diagnosed with a mental health illness?
Are you experiencing loss and struggling to cope?
Counselling can help with all these and works to ensure you become the one in the driving seat of your life. We work together to empower you onto the path for recovery.
People come to me with a wide range of issues. Through the counselling process I will first work with you to assess and understand what is troubling you. I then work with you to develop strategies and methods that will help you overcome the issues you face; and finally I will ensure you are ready to face the world and are confident that you can handle whatever life throws at you.
I know I have succeeded when you no longer need me.
Some of the issues I specialise in with my counselling:
- overcoming depression
- reducing anxiety
- developing recovery strategies and care plans
- learning how to cope with stress
- developing resiliency
- remove embedded negative beliefs, replace with more functional ones
- learning to live with serious or terminal illness
- helping carers of the long term sick to cope
- helping carers of the mentally ill cope and understand their loved one's condition and how they can best support them
- bereavement, learning to come to terms with the death of a loved one
- grief and loss, charting a path with you through the intense waves of pain that can threaten to engulf you when grieving